The purpose of this article is to share with the reader some wonderful books that have helped this writer to grow into a happier and healthier person. As we know, change comes from action. Action can come from knowledge. Hence, when we learn more and become more knowledgeable, we can equip ourselves with the tools to change our behavior and life in a positive way.
Ultimately, these books are centered around changing our own life so that we can not only improve our happiness and reach greater levels of fulfillment, but also so that this knowledge and these tools can be spread to those around us. I have included unique books so that it is more likely that these are ones that you haven’t read before. It is the author’s hope that these books inspire you and provide you with more happiness and fulfillment in your life.
1. The Motivation Manifesto: 9 Declarations to Claim Your Personal Power by Brandon Burchard: Paulo Coelho, the author of The Alchemist, sums up The Motivation Manifesto beautifully by stating that “it is a poetic and powerful call to reclaim our lives and find our own personal freedom. It’s a triumphant work that transcends the title, lifting the reader from mere motivation into a soaringly purposeful and meaningful life. I love this book.”
2. Ho’oponopono: The Hawaiian Forgiveness Ritual as the Key to Your Life’s Fulfillment by Ulrich Dupree: This book helps us with all aspects of healing, which is centered around forgiveness. This helps us to address underlying issues around relationships, money, career, love and more. I personally found this to be an incredible book.
3. Gene Keys: Unlocking The Higher Purpose Hidden in Your DNA by Richard Rudd: There is no other book out there like the Gene Keys. The author draws in concepts and scientific understandings from neuroscience, anatomy, physiology, quantum physics, all religions, the power of belief, the I-Ching and astrology to show how the gene keys are “an inner language designed to transform our core beliefs about ourselves and raise us to a higher level of awareness.” A truly mind-opening and transformational book.
4. The Ascension Mysteries: Revealing the Cosmic Battle Between Good & Evil by David Wilcock: Two-time New York Times best-selling Author David Wilcock discusses the nature of the universe by discussing consciousness, personal development, the power of the mind, ground-breaking scientific studies and high-level government whistleblowers. A fascinating read.
5. Don’t Let Anything Dull Your Sparkle: How To Break Free of Negativity and Drama by Doreen Virtue: Doreen lays out the foundation in helping us to remove drama and negativity from our lives and more importantly, offers us practical solutions to do so. A great book for anyone in a relationship, getting over one, looking for one or for someone who is single. This book helps us to change our lives in a way that helps us to holistically manage stress and remove the negative drama from our lives.
6. The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles by Dr. Bruce Lipton: This wonderful book discusses cell biology and quantum physics to create a healthy, joyous life back in our own hands. As we transform our conscious and subconscious thoughts, we transform our lives. This in turn helps humanity to evolve to a new level of understanding and peace.
7. The Code of the Extraordinary Mind: 10 Unconventionoal Laws to Redefine Your Life & Succeed On Your Own Terms by Vishen Lakhiani: This book teaches us to think like some of the greatest non-conformist minds of our era. It teaches us to question, challenge, hack, and create new rules for our own life so we can define success on our own terms.
8. The Complete Artist’s Way: Creativity as a Spiritual Practice by Julia Cameron: This is an international best-seller and offers us techniques and insight to create a life that removes blocks that affect every aspect of our life. The result is the free flow of creativity to uplift and transform our life.
9. You Are The Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter by Dr. Joe Dispenza: This wonderful book combines the latest research in neuroscience, biology, psychology, hypnosis, behavioral conditioning, and quantum physics to demystify the workings of the placebo effect, which shows how the “seemingly impossible can become possible.”
10. Morphogenesis & The Skillsets of Evolution: Evolutionary Teachings For Accelerated Spiritual Development and Humanitarian Service by Tiara Kumara: This book “initiates you into an alchemical journey of self-realization to unlock your higher intelligence.” Amazing.
11. The Genius Myth by Michael Meade: The Genius Myth shows us how all people have within themselves a genius. A genius is not something that is within only a few, but within all. Highly motivational!
12. How To Create The Life You Want: How To Be Happy, Feeling Good, Self-Esteem, Positive Thinking by Vanessa Angel: The title says it all!
13. The Willpower Instict: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do To Get More of It by Dr. Kelly McGonigal: “Informed by the latest research and combining cutting-edge insights from psychology, economics, neuroscience, and medicine, the book describes how willpower is a mind-body response, not a virtue. It is a biological function that can be improved through mindfulness, exercise, nutrition, and sleep.” A must-read.
14. Synchronicity: The Inner Path of Leadership by Joseph Jaworski: “Synchronicity is an inspirational guide to developing the most essential leadership capacity for our time: the ability to collectively shape our future.” Great for anyone, including all types of leaders and those in leadership positions.
15. Resilience From The Heart: The Power To Thrive In Life’s Extremes by Dr. Gregg Braden: A great book to help us adapt and manage everyday stress in our personal lives and in our social lives. It features material on the surprising discovery of brain-like cells—sensory neurites—located within the human heart, and the role they play in creating personal resilience.
What are your thoughts on this list? Which ones do you feel most inspired to read? Are there friends or family members you can share this list with to inspire them to create an even better life?